Longmont Modification Request
Please provide the ARC with all the information necessary to evaluate your request thoroughly and quickly, including any diagrams, color samples, etc. Please see what constitutes a valid diagram below.
Please allow a maximum of 30 days from the date of final submission of information requested by the ARC for a modification review response.
- If you are painting using the original colors of the house, please indicate so in the “Additional Description” field in the form below. Your request will be approved immediately.
- If you are painting using one of the pre-approved Sherwin Williams color schemes shown at the link below, please indicate so and include the color scheme number in the “Additional Description” field in the form below. Your request will be approved immediately.
Sherwin Williams Color Schemes
- If you are painting using another color choice, please complete the Paint Request Form and attach it to this request.
New Color Scheme Paint Request Form
- If erecting a fence, the fence will follow the Fence Guidelines published by the ARC and available at the link below.
- The Board can make you correct the placement and type of fence, at your cost, if the fence guidelines are not followed.
- You should obtain your neighbor’s permission before erecting a fence next to their property.
What constitutes as valid diagrams/designs:
- Drawing should be in a uniform scale, preferably using an existing survey of the home.
- Items on the drawing should be labeled clearly
- Drawing should include existing house and any additional buildings on the property
- The change should be clearly identified on the drawing
- For additions and buildings, roofing and siding materials and color should match the existing structure. Any deviation should be clearly stated
- The drawing should include the exact location of the change to be made with distances to property lines clearly identified.
- Any trees that will be removed as part of this project should be clearly identified
By submitting this request, you agree to the following:
- you grant permission for members of the ARC and appropriate Longmont at Sugarloaf Property Owners Association representatives to enter the property to make reasonable observation and inspection of the requested modification and completed project.
- Neither Longmont at Sugarloaf Property Owners Association, the Association Board of Directors, the ARC nor their respective members, officers, successors, assignees, agents or representatives shall be liable for damages or otherwise to anyone requesting approval of an architectural alteration by reason of mistake in judgement, negligence or misfeasance, arising out of any action with respect to this submission.
- The architectural review is directed toward review and approval of site planning, appearance and aesthetics. None of the foregoing assumes any responsibility regarding design or construction, including without limitation, the structural integrity, mechanical or electrical design, methods of construction, or technical suitability of materials.
- You hereby release and covenant not to sue all of the foregoing from any claims or damages regarding this request of the approval or denial thereof.
- You understand and agree that no work on this request shall commence until written approval of the Longmont at Sugarloaf Property Owners Association has been received by you and that if the modification is started prior to approval, non-compliance fines, of up to $250 and daily fines of $25 may be assessed.
- You understand that you are responsible for all city, county and state regulations and permits.
- If any change is made that has not been approved, you understand that the Association has the right to ask you to remove the improvement from your property at your cost.
- Approval by the ARC does not guarantee approval by the local authorities. It is your responsibility to contact the county and/or city to obtain any required permits and/ or inspections.